After your LLC or Corporation is formed, and you have obtained the entity’s EIN, you should apply for a DUNS (or D-U-N-S) Number from D&B (Dun & Bradstreet).  This unique nine digit number is free but important for establishing the credit of the business and for applying for government contracts.  In fact, before you can even bid on government proposals, your entity will need to obtain a D-U-N-S Number. NOTE:  If you have multiple physical locations, you would obtain one for each location of your business.

A D-U-N-S Number is free for all businesses and again it is required to register with the federal government for contracts or grants.

We would like to hear about starting your new Corporation & LLC Filing?Get a Quote